Thursday, August 14, 2008

Celebrity Sightings

I'm not much on roadie culture in general and professional cycling in particular- find it hard to spend my discretionary reading time on that crowd.  One of the exceptions is Chris Horner who unfailingly comes across as a good guy. So when SIR's site included the entry "Chris Horner is a class act" I clicked to read the story. It reinforced all the prior accounts about him-strong rider, even better person. In the synchronicity that sometimes occurs, being a shutterbug, I recognized the name of the photographer-Heidi Swift-as I was reading the signup for the Timothy Lake brevet.

As it turned out, I wound up spending a good chunk of the ride with her group which included Natalie Ramsland, a noted Portland area frame builder and Salvatore Bondi, who aside from being a tocayo, was a strong rider and generous with his wheel.

It was a day for good company, optimal weather and a very scenic route put together by Michael Wolfe.

Timothy Lake 2008

No comments: